Tuesday, August 6, 2019

My Novel "A Rebel's Diary"

Date: 2014 - 2019
Word Count: 9525
Excerpt: "You took everything, but the glam in my eyes when I fight back as bright as my un-straightened wild fire dyed hair flying as wind blows against me as I walk on the forbidden streets during the curfew. Under your fist, I died and was reborn of pieces splattered in parallel directions. I pace back and forth while music from my headphones flow thoughts in my mind, then stop at the balcony, and try to inhale the streets outside my prison. Every breath I take cuts into my lungs marking the unity between life and pain. I dream of dancing the forbidden dance in the rain, high on freedom. Now that all what's keeping my your hostage is a key chain you strengthen your grab around in your sleep during your daily nightmares, now I am free."

Join the Facebook group "Daily Excerpts from Aliaa's Novel Draft "A Rebel's Diary" " to read daily-ish quotations from my novel draft.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/869911540025495/